Wangchang Town is located 16 kilometers southwest of Tianmen City. It belonged to the eighth district of Tianmen County in 1956, and was changed to Wangchang Commune in 1975. In 1979, it was merged into Jiangchang Commune and set up a management area. In 1987, it was under the jurisdiction of Wangchang Township. In 1996, it covers an area of 73 square kilometers and has a population of 49,000. It has jurisdiction over Yangqiao, Gaoqiao, Wangchang, Aitai, Fangqiao, Qihou, Sanqiao, Luochang, Jiangqiao, Beitai, Daxing, Checheng, There are 24 administrative villages in Laichang, Shitan, Gudi, King Cui, Luoxiang, Xingou, Yangdian, Shaling, Aiyi, Liaoheling, Leichang and Jinchang. In 2004, the town government was stationed in Wangjiachang, with a population of 52,143 and an area of 76 square kilometers. It governed a neighborhood committee in Xinjie and Laichang, Gudi, Xingou, Daxing, Checheng, King Cui, Beitai, Shitan, 24 administrative villages of Luoxiang, Leichang, Aiyi, Shaling, Jinchang, Yangdian, Liaoheling, Luoyang, Qihou, Aitai, Wangchang, Yangqiao, Sanqiao, Fangqiao, Jiangqiao, Gaoqiao .