Lushi Town is located in the east of Tianmen City, adjacent to Jingtan Township and Xinyanhe Town of Hanchuan City in the east, bordering Mawan Town in the south, adjacent to Xiaoban Town and Yanglin Street Office in the west, and Jiuzhen in the north. The town and Hushi town face each other across the Hanbei River, and the township is 18 kilometers away from Tianmen City. Lushi Town has been a historical and cultural town since ancient times, and it is also a red hot land. The first branch of the Tianmen of the Communist Party of China was born in Pengjiayu Village, Lushi Town.
The ancient city of Lu was the country of Yunmengze, the country of spring and autumn. It belonged to Chujinglingyi in the Warring States Period, Jingling County in the Qin Dynasty, and Tianmen County in the Qing Dynasty. It was Lujiakou District in the Republic of China. ) Was renamed Lujiakou Township. After the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1951, it was designated as the third district of Tianmen County. In May 1956, it was changed to the Lu City Steering Group. In October 1957, it was changed to Lu City. In 1958, it was changed to Lu City People's Commune. For Lucheng District, the "Lucheng District Revolutionary Committee" was established in July 1968. In December 1975, Lucheng District was divided into two, and two people's communes were established in Lushi and Jingtan. In December 1978, Lushi and Jingtan merged to form Lushi People's Commune. In March 1984, it was changed to Lu City. In September 1987, the Tianmen evacuated area built a town and a township, and the urban area of Lu was changed to two administrative units: Lushi Town and Jingtan Township.
Lu City was the birthplace of the first party branch in Tianmen County during the Great Revolution. It was the site of the Central and Northern Special Committee of Hubei and the Central Committee of the Hubei during the Agrarian Revolution. It was the site of the Central Hubei guerrillas. Source of policy. He Long, Chen Ming, Li Renlin, and other older generations of proletarian revolutionaries had planned and conducted operations here, and Lu City became the military command center of Hubei and Hubei at that time. The town of Lushi builds a 1,000-square-meter red revolutionary education base in Pengyi Village, a "front entrance" to a red education base with a width of 15 meters; a 9-meter-high "Lushi Revolutionary Martyrs Monument"; a length of 25 meters The revolutionary history exhibition "Corridor"; the former site of "Civilian Night School" with an area of 110 square meters was renovated. The revolutionary scenes of "Civilian Evening School, Jingjiang Forum, First Party Group Meetings, Annual Separation Riots, Autumn Harvest Riots, Chaishan Storms" are displayed in the form of paintings, which truly show the revolutionary predecessors' magnificent historical pictures in Lu.
[Origin of place name]
Lujiakou was formerly known as Luhankou or Luchengkou. According to legend, before the Ming Dynasty, this place was the entrance to a tributary of the Tianmen River. Here, the reeds are crowded and very desolate. Some fishermen fish here to earn a living. There are several thatched sheds on the shore where several households live. transaction. In the second year of the Ming Dynasty to Zhengzheng, there was a person with a surname of Lu as an official in Jingling. His grandson Lu Ziliang led the people and built a levee in Lucheng. The name of the surname was Lu Jiayu. As the bazaar became popular, this place was renamed Lujiakou. Lujiakou belonged to Renhe Village of Yuntan Township for three years of Qing Xuantong. In the first year of the Republic of China, it was the seat of the Lu City public office, and in the 35 years of the Republic of China, it was the township of Lu City.