Jiuzhen was set up in Tianbei District in 1950, and later changed to Jiuzhen District. In 1956, it was changed to the Guiding Team. In 1975, it was re-established in Hongguang Commune. Located 10 kilometers north of Tianmen City, the Tianmen connecting line of Wujing Expressway passes through the border. Jiuzhen is rich in water resources, and the lakes in China are scattered. It has Zhangjia Lake, the largest lake in Tianmen, and Shijia Lake, Yanhu, and Xiaohu. The historic site is the Ziwen Temple site.