Hushi Town is located in the northeast of Tianmen City and has a hilly landscape. It borders Zaoshi Town and Hanzong Town of Hanchuan City in the northeast and faces Lushi Town and Jiuzhen Town in the southwest. It was a town under the jurisdiction of Zaoshi in 1954, and was under the jurisdiction of Hefeng District in 1957. Hefeng and Zaoshi were merged into a satellite commune in 1958. It was divided into Hefeng District in 1961. In 1957, the area under the jurisdiction of Hefeng District was divided into Li. Market, Hushi commune, later changed district, built in 1987 Hushi town.
Hu City is known as the "Five Lakes and Four Salamanders". It can raise nearly 20,000 acres of water, with an annual output of more than 13,200 tons of fresh fish, more than 600 tons of shrimp, and more than 500 tons of hairy crabs. , 鳖 and other wild famous special varieties. The lotus root is planted in an area of nearly 10,000 acres, with a total output of 15,000 tons and an annual supply of 1,000 tons. Hu City is rich in agricultural resources, with wide waters, excellent rice quality, and complete poultry breeds. In recent years, people in Hu City have relied on resource advantages to deepen structural adjustment, focus on sector construction, cultivate distinctive brands, and speed up industrialization. Focus on the construction of six characteristic bases and industrial sectors, including big cockles breeding, flower and seedling breeding, medicinal materials storage and processing, poultry hatchery and breeding, pig breeding, and straw processing.