Duoxiang Town is located in the southeast of Tianmen City, on the north bank of the Han River, near the shore of Shenhu Lake in the north, and along the Hanshui River in the south; it connects Shenhu Town of Hanchuan in the east, and Mayang Town in the west. 31 kilometers from the city. It covers an area of 90 square kilometers and has a population of 68,000.
Duoxiang Town merged with Tianmen Industrial Park in 2012. The original Duoxiang Town administers Zhonghechang, Zengzui, Xiaoyue, Duoxiang, Sun Ling, Yan Yan, Guotai, Liujiahe, Zhang Liu, Guo Zhou, Jiuhugou, Banqiao, Chenwan, Donghaozi, Liu Sanjia, Zhaojiazhuang, Dongzhou, Guangrong, Laoxiwan, Jiuwutai, Liumen Road, Lower Liujiahe, Guowan, Xiejiawan, Xiewan, Lujiatai, Lulinkou, Meiwan, Yaowan, Chenzhou 33 Village committees and Duoxiang neighborhood committees.
From the early days of liberation to 1987, the town area and administrative divisions changed frequently. 1950 was the fourth constituency of Mayang. In 1951, it was the fifth district of Tianmen County. In 1956, he was the Steering Group of Duoxiang. July 1958 was Duoxiang Township; September was Pioneer People's Commune Duoxiang Management Zone. In 1961, it was Duxiang Xiang in Mayang District. The district was demolished in October 1976 as Duoxiang Commune. In 1978, the Mayang Commune Duoxiang Management District was merged. In March 1984, the government agency was separated into Duoxiang Township, Mayang District. In October 1987, the district was demolished to build Duoxiang Township.
Duoxiang has a long history. According to legend, at the end of the Yuan Dynasty, Chen Youliang and Zhu Hongwu competed for the world. In a battle at Poyang Lake, Chen Youliang was defeated by Zhu Hongwu's insurgents and fled here to cross the Han River. The soldiers were sleepy and dragged their guns across the river. "Tug guns passed"; it was also said that in the early years of the Ming Dynasty, the Hu brothers, based in Shenhu, gathered in revolts and often led people to rob the rich and help the poor. It is also known as "grabbing the river". In order to avoid being ominous, it was renamed "Duoxiang River", which symbolized the richness of the grain and the auspiciousness of Duoduo. Referred to later as "duoxiang".
Duoxiang has the location advantage of the "Golden Triangle". It headrests the Xiantao Hanjiang Bridge, Tianxian Grade I Highway and the Hanyi High-speed Railway across the whole area. Two railway passenger and freight stations are also set up here. Ground. The construction and rise of Tianmen Industrial Park is a bright pearl inlaid in Duoxiang. There are ancient monuments such as "Jianmen Street", "Longwang Temple", "Dongting Temple", "Ancient Holy Temple", "Xiheguan", "Jade Temple Hall", "Guanyin Pavilion", which have a long and rich history. The splendid culture is a perfect place for tourism, leisure and entertainment in Jianghan Plain.
Duoxiang belongs to the subtropical monsoon and hot climate. It has plenty of light, abundant heat, abundant rain, and a pleasant climate all year round. The average altitude of the ground is 25.75 meters. It belongs to the Jianghan Water Country Plain, and mainly produces grain and cotton. The land within the territory is flat and fertile, rich in natural resources, crisscrossed creeks, draining and flowing in and out smoothly, trees green and shaded, ponds and weeds fragrant, farmland garden squares, roads around fields, complete pumping stations and complete facilities.